GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL POLICY
The College has a Grievance Redressal Committee. The functions of the Committee are to look into the complaints lodged by any student regarding infrastructure, functions or quarrels and judge its merit. The Grievance Redressal Committee is also empowered to look into matters of harassment.
Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the Grievance Redressal Committee members in person. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances must be sent in writing. Grievances may also be sent through our website.
The objective of the Grievance Redressal Commitee is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
A Grievance Redressal Committee has been constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box have been installed in front of the Administrative Block in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, teachers and College administration
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The Committee deals with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels, fees, scholarships etc.
Other Matters : Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport etc,.
Functions:- The cases are attended promptly on written grievances from the students.
Women Related Issues:- The cases are attended promptly on written grievances from the students.
The Committee formally meets to review all cases, prepares a statistical reports about the number of cases received, attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
- The setting of the Grievance Redressal Committee for students will be widely published.
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in the format attached and drop it in boxes placed at conspicuous locations.
- The GRC will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The GRC will take up only those matters which have not been solved by the different departments.
- Grievances related to fees etc will be taken up only if the relevant financial documents like demand drafts etc are attached.
The Committee is requested to Contribute effectively to dispose the grievances at the earliest.
On receiving the complaint from the complaint box, it will be submitted to the Coordinator of the ICC. Coordinator will inform about it to other members and meeting will be organized. An aggrieved Student or Parent may appear in person to present his/her case.
In the case, the complainant not satisfied with the decision of the Committee, they may send their appeals to the “OMBUDSMAN” appointed by the Affiliating University. The OMBUDSMAN will fix a date for hearing the Complainant which shall be communicated to the Institute and the aggrieved person.
The Institution shall comply with the order of the ombudsman. Any order of the OMBUDSMAN not complied with by the Institution, will be reported to AICTE for appropriate action.
In case of any false/frivolous Complaint, the ombudsman may order appropriate action against Complaint.
The Grievance Redressal Committee shall not entertain the following issues:
- Decisions of the Executive Council, Academic Council, Board of studies and other Administrative or Academic Committees constituted by the University.
- Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, medals, etc.
- Decisions made by the University with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
- Decisions of the University about admissions in any courses offered by the Institute.
- Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination result.
Establishment of a Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC).
In order to comply with the AICTE Regulation for addressing, student or Parent’s grievance in a Technical Institution, “Grievance Redressal Committee” of Gyanodaya College of Excellence (Polytechnic College), has been constituted with following Staff in different positions to enquire the nature and extent of grievance. The committee can suggest the final action to be initiated at the institutional level for the redressal of the same.
Establishment of Internal Complaints Committee (ICC).
An Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) has been set up to redress the women related issues or dealing with the complaints filed under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal Act 2013). The procedure is based on the principles of natural justice.
Complaint Box is installed as per AICTE norms, nearby the Principal’s office. Complaints can be lodge in person to the Convener of the relevant Committee or can be dropped in the Complaint Box located outside the Principal’s chamber. Any complaints of the students regarding ragging or sexual harassment or academic affairs can be lodged also through online portal for “Grievance Redressal”
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE & INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE:
|Committee||Appointment Order Ref No.||Appointment Date||Name of Members||Profession||Address||Associated with||Contact No.|
|GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE||GCEP/GSS/2015/06||08/01/2015||Mr O P Acharya||Retd. Principal||Bawal Darwja, Jawad||Bal Kavi Bairai Collegeemail@example.com|
|GCEP/GSS/2015/09||08/08/2015||Prof. P. C. Sethia||Principal||Sanjeet Road, Mandsaur||Gyandaya the College of Excellence (Polytechnic College)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|GCEP/GSS/2015/06||08/01/2015||Smt. Madhuri Chaurasia||Principal and Member of Consumer Forum||Mahaveer Bagh, Neemuch||Kriti Sansthaemail@example.com|
|GCEP/GSS/2015/06||08/01/2015||Dr M K Chandel||Retd. Principal||Teacher’s Colony||Gyanodayafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Internal Complaint Committee||CEP/GSS/2015/06||13/05/201 5||Miss Priyanka Varun||LECTUR ER||Near Clock Tower, Neemuch||Gyandaya the College of Excellence (Polytechnic College)||email@example.com|
|Mr Baluram Nagaria||HEAD OF DEPT
|Village||Gyandaya the College of Excellence (Polytechnic College)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CEP/GSS/2015/06||01/07/201 5||Mr Hemant Sharma||LECTUR ER||Pragati Nagar, Neemuch||Gyandaya the College of Excellence (Polytechnic College)||email@example.com|
The Student or Person, who are willing to launch any complaints, shall send their representation for redressal of their grievance to the following Grievances Redressal Committee.
All aggrieved parents may also thenceforth approach to the Grievance Redressal Committee.